12 3 / 2013
Trying to explain musicals.
- 1: Les mis? So Jean Valjean stole a loaf of bread and ended up in prison for 19 years and then Fantine was poor and she left cosette with people but then she became a prostitute and died and... it's better than it sounds.
- 1: Next to Normal? Well it's about this family and Gabe died when he was like 2ish but the mom still thinks he's alive and Natalie is really smart but then she starts doing drugs so... it's better than it sounds?
- 1: Into the Woods? Well theres this baker and his wife and they want to have a child but the witch put a curse on them so then little red riding hood comes and buys stuff from them and jack is sad cause his cow is his only friend and cinderella is sad because... well it's better than it sounds, okay?
- 1: Spring Awakening? Well it's about all these german teenagers and they don't know about sex except Melchior, he knows about it and then he tells Moritz and he's freaked out and then Moritz gets expelled and then.. it's better than it sounds.
- 1: In the Heights? Well it's about these people and they live in Washington Heights and then Usnavi owns a store and they sell things to the people and he's in love with Vanessa who works at the salon but hates it and Nina dropped out of school but didn't tell anyone and.. it's better than it sounds.
- 1: Urinetown? Well it's about this corporation that makes every pay to pee, and then the rebel leader falls in love with the head of the company's daughter, and then he dies, because you actually die if you go to Urinetown... it's better than it sounds.
- 1: The Phantom of the Opera? So, it's about this guy who wears a mask because his face is all deformed, and he stalks this young girl who thinks he's an angel of music, but then he starts killing people, and then the girl ends up falling in love with this other guy and... I swear it's better than it sounds.
- 1: Sweeney Todd? Well, it's about this guy who returned to London after being sent to prison in Australia because this old guy who's a judge wanted to marry the guy's wife but later falls in love with their daughter after the wife supposedly dies, and so now the first guy wants his revenge on the judge, and he ends up teaming up with another lady and they kill people and cook them into pies... yeah, it's better than it sounds.
- 1: The Producers? Well it's about these two guys who try to write a really bad musical and there's a sassy gay Hitler. and... it's better than it sounds.
18 2 / 2013
I’m more obsessed with next to normal than I am with Aaron Tveit. And I’m very obsessed with Aaron Tveit.
24 1 / 2013
“You’re left and I’m right cause woman are always right”
“Took away Julia’s dolls and gave her trucks to make her tough”
“Julia… don’t you ever, never let a man tell you who you are, or make you feel like you are less than him. You can do anything you want.”
“Thomas… find something that you love. Choose something important”
Sister Jude don’t die! I’m not ready for this!
Absolutely amazing ending